Privacy & Cookies Policy
Here at Raptor Sports Cars we take your privacy seriously so we have compiled this Privacy Notice to help you understand why we need to ask you for your personal information whether via our website or other means of contact. We are registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA497770 and we are the Data Controller of any personal data that you provide to us. Please read this information carefully, as by providing your data to us you acknowledge you have read this policy and understand we will process your data in accordance with its terms. We promise to use the information we collect about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) (GDPR), the Data Protection Act (2018) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR, 2003). We aim to be clear when we handle your data, and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect. Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to respect any personal data you share with us and keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
What information do we collect?
You will be required to give us your personal information in order that we can process any orders you make, sign up to any newsletter we may have or produce in the future, to update your preferences, visit our premises, apply for a job, or communicate with us. We may collect the following information from or about you:
• Postal address
• Date of Birth
• Telephone number(s)
• Email address
• Payment information (we do not keep this information on file)
• Communications preferences
• Any other information you provide to us by email, letter, telephone, social media, via our websites or in person
• CCTV security monitors our premises and therefore if you visit us your image and possibly your vehicle registration number will be captured and stored for up to 10 weeks.
• Information that is publicly available
Why do we collect this information, and how do we use it?
We use the information we collect about you in the following way:-
• to contact you about your order
• to fulfil our contract with you
• to keep a record of the relationship we have with you
• to process a transaction and carry out completion of a purchase (your personal information may be passed to third party service provider to enable us to fulfil our contract with you ie, a car transport company or one of our suppliers however your card details will only be processed by us and destroyed immediately)
• to inform you about relevant events, services or activities we believe will be of interest to you
• to provide a personalised service and ensure the best possible experience when you contact us
• to ensure that the information we already hold is accurate and up to date
• to improve our products, services and information in the future
we may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant • to you
• to ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
• to protect against fraud or unlawful activity to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and laws from time to time we may undertake customer research to help us understand how we can improve our services or information
• to promote our business and its activities (e.g. quotes from social media etc)
We process your personal information in the following ways:
This Privacy Notice applies to all our website and social media users whether registered or not and includes people responding to any surveys or any competitions or writing a review now or in the future.
Data from third parties
We may obtain or collect personal information about you from third party sources, eg, a family member, friend or colleague may contact us on your behalf to purchase a gift voucher or product. A family member, friend or colleague may contact us to pay for an order and provide us with your details for the delivery.
How we keep your data safe
We are located in the UK. Your data is held in the UK and only accessed by authorised and trained staff. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. We will not share any details with any other third parties not mentioned previously without your agreement. If required by law (e.g. by police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers) we may need to disclose your details. We will ensure information is held securely, and only those who need access to it can see it. We will delete this information when we no longer need it.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services you have requested or require from us unless (a) we must keep it to comply with applicable laws or evidence compliance with such applicable laws; (b) there is an outstanding issue, claim or, dispute requiring us to keep such information until the issue, claim, or dispute is resolved; or (c) the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. We regularly review email and paper correspondence and minimise our storage through archiving and destruction of out of date materials.
You can browse our website without providing us with any personal data at the moment however that is subject to change.
Through our website we receive and store certain details through “cookies” which record how the sites are being used to help us provide improved services and analyse usage. Cookies are small text documents that are stored by your web browser on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They enable an enhanced experience for you by storing things such as your user details or preferences. The benefit for us is that they track your use of our site, so we can analyse trends and improve our service. They don’t tell us who you are. Our website can only see cookies that it has created and not those issued from any other website. It is up to you to decide whether or not to allow cookies on your computer. You can read more about cookies in our policy here or contact us (details below).
We use social media to provide updates on our day to day activities and to promote any motoring event that we may be involved in.
Changes to this policy
You have rights including the following:
to be informed of the ways in which we use your information, as we seek to do in this policy
to request us to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes
you can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
you can request that inaccuracies are corrected
the right to object to our using your information on the basis of our legitimate interests (refer to the section headed “Why do we collect this information, and how do we use it?” above to see when we are relying on our legitimate interests) (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground in certain circumstances you can request that we limit or cease processing or erase your personal data you can lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for our own record-keeping.
Do you have any questions or concerns?
Email us: email@example.com
Write to us:
Raptor Sports Cars
Unit N, Gilmerton Estate
Call us: 01620 880355